Does Running Burn Fat? The Truth About Aerobic Running


Does running to burn fat? This is a question many people, especially female runners are asking. Well, if you want to know how running can help you lose weight then read on and I'll tell you. In this article, I'll share with you the answer and more about running.

How does running to burn fat? Running is a great cardio workout that gets the heart pumping while burning calories. The energy come from stored body fat can be either high or low depending on the previous exercise routine. When do longer, high intensity physical exercises. Also when doing shorter, low intensity exercises.

What does running do to your body composition? Studies have shown that it can decrease abdominal fat, increase testosterone, improve short-term memory, reduce resting cortisol, increase brain function, improve mood, increase athletic performance and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. So these are all positive changes in your body. It can also help you lose some extra weight if you are a runner. The reason being that the extra calories burned can help offset the increase in body fat that comes with increased age and increased body composition.

The reason most people don't burn much fat in a long distance race is because they run on average only 3 miles per hour, which is pretty slow. So when you run on a treadmill for an hour a day, you will burn a lot of calories, but it doesn't take long before you start seeing those pounds dropping off. So by keeping your pace up longer in the long run you can actually burn more calories than if you just ran on a treadmill for an hour a day.

But what about a half-marathon? What if I'm trying to lose weight and distance, and keep my speed up through the half-marathon race? Well there are a few things I noticed over the last year. The first thing I did was increase my intensity, so I would increase my pace for the first half-marathon and then gradually decrease it for the second half-marathon.

My upper body fat percentage went down by almost 10%. This means that I didn't lose any weight in the process of changing my exercise habits. My lower body also lost a significant amount of weight. I did see a significant difference in my thigh fat though, because my muscle fibers were getting stronger as a result of the increased intensity of my exercise.

The next thing I did was to eat more chicken (not fried) and consume whole grains more often. Protein is great for muscle mass gain. Whole grains are an effective way to replace the protein you're missing from eating beef or soy. My next step is to run regularly. The most effective way to run is to run three to five miles each day, with short bursts of high intensity running during the day.

Lastly, I started drinking more water. The reason that I'm doing this is because I was finding that when I ate a big meal before I workout, the body uses a lot of glucose and then it becomes sluggish because it has to work extra hard to fuel the extra exercise. When I drink more water, it helps to replenish the glycogen that the body uses to deliver the glucose to the muscles. The more I exercise and eat the less glycogen I have in my body, so as long as I'm drinking the right kinds of food and I'm drinking the right amounts of water, running to burn fat is an effective way to lose body fat.

One last point. It's important that you change up your running routine sometimes to keep up the intensity. I like to alternate weeks on one style of track and alternate weeks off a different style of track. Switching up my running form makes me continue to be persistent with my training and I can also use these changing of styles to better tune my training and maximize my body's ability to build lean muscle mass.

I hope I have given you some insights into what running can do for you. Running is a great way to help you lose weight and build lean muscle. What I learned is that it is a matter of taking small steps in the right direction. You need to take small steps and then follow through with consistent intensity. In the long run, this will have you running in the best shape of your life and feeling better than ever.

Running is an effective way to losing weight and building muscle. I hope you took something away from this article. Running is a wonderful, low impact, aerobic activity that you can do year round. What I found out is that it's not about building huge amounts of muscle mass quickly. Running a mile or two a day is a great way to keep your metabolism up and burn fat at the same time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Burn Stomach Fat and Build Muscle Fast

Does Running Burn Fat?

Fat Burn Heart Rate Workouts